Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hellzapoppin Circus Sideshow Revue is heading to Houston


 The Hellzapoppin Circus Sideshow Revue Cast Photo: Hellzapoppin.com

Hellzapoppin Circus Sideshow Revue is heading to Houston

The circus is coming to town, but we're not talking about elephants and trapeze acts. The Hellzapoppin Circus Sideshow Revue is heading to the Bayou Music Center on May 10, and it is not filled with the usual suspects.

Take Short E. Dangerously, for example. Standing at a little over 3 feet tall, a birth defect caused his legs to be amputated at just 2-years-old.

"I grew up in Columbus, Ohio. I used a wheelchair through school. I never went to a special school; I was mainstreamed all the way," Shorty said.

That was then, but this is now. Shorty, as he's called, is the star attraction of this motley crew which includes old-school throwback acts such as a man who chews light bulbs and washes it down with Windex and a female sword swallower.

"When I graduated, I knew I wanted to do something in entertainment. I eventually moved to Daytona Beach and became a disc jockey in nightclubs and strip joints. I was very successful at it. But I wanted more. I taught myself acrobatics and fire breathing. That snowballed into me joining the Hellzapoppin show and traveling the world. I've performed in Germany, New Zealand, South America and all over the U.S. It's been the best time of my life," Shorty said.


Tickets to the event are $15 and are available at the usual Ticketmaster spots. The show begins at 8 p.m. and features music from Downfall 2012 and Hounds of Jezebel. For more show information, visit bayoumusiccenter.com.


Visit my Food Blog at http://southerncookingwithtodd.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment